Bok choy on the grill is so good, flavorful and interesting…and best of all quick, which makes it the perfect candidate for a weeknight dinner side. Of all the Asian ingredients I keep in the fridge, miso paste might be my favorite. I love it’s unami punch and versatility.
- 3 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- 3 tbsp Miso paste, white
- 1 lb Baby bok choy not trimmed (see note)
- In you have a grill basket – preheat grill to medium. If you do not have a grill basket, spray the grill with canola spray before preheating.
- Melt butter, canola oil and miso paste in a small bowl in the microwave.
- In a large bowl toss bok choy with miso butter mixture.
- Transfer to the grill, and cook, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- The leaves should be slightly crisp and the bulbs tender. When eating you can discard the bok choy bulbs.