We are a household of potato lovers, led and encouraged by yours truly. Roasted redskin potatoes are a dinner staple in our house, but sometimes you need to change it up a bit, so instead of our usual redskin cubes, I made russet fries. A big dinner hit! They crisped up great and sometimes all you need is a little change to mix up your dinner rotation.
- 2 lbs. Russet potatoes, sliced into 1/2 inch thick fries
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray a sheet pan with canola spray (or line with parchment paper for easier clean-up).
- In a medium bowl toss potatoes with olive oil, Kosher salt and garlic powder.
- Transfer potatoes to the prepared sheet pan. Make sure each potato slice has contact with the baking sheet (it helps with the crisping).
- Cook for 30 minutes, then toss with a spatula before increasing the temperature to 425 for an additional 10 – 15 minutes, until golden brown.