Chicken salad is one of those dishes, that when done right, is food perfection. While I love creating variations of the classic, this simple list of ingredients translates into sublime chicken salad. The creaminess of this salad, which puts whole Greek yogurt in the starring role with sour cream and mayonnaise as the supporting players is so much lighter and more delicious than a chicken salad laden with mayo. A quick lunch, a light dinner…I love opening my fridge door and seeing lots of choices for healthy meals!
Don’t have leftover chicken breasts? Try my recipe for perfect poached chicken everytime.
- 1/2 cup Whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (I use Duke’s)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Celery, minced
- 2 Scallions, green and white parts, minced
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh herbs, minced (Tarragon, Flat parsley or Basil)
- 3 cups Shredded chicken breasts (from about 2 chicken breasts)
- In a medium bowl place Greek yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, Kosher salt and Garlic powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add celery, scallions, fresh herbs and chicken.
- Mix throughly.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 days.