One of my favorite salads to make in the summer, serve it along side anything from a hamburger to my Mojo Pork Tenderloin. This salad also makes a great addition to a make-your-own taco bar, which is how we enjoyed it last week. But I think my favorite way to eat this is over scrambled eggs with a dollop of sour cream – breakfast perfection that I enjoy until the leftovers run out!
Love this meal together! http://gatherconnectempower.com/2016/07/mojo-pork-tenderloin/
- 1/2 of a Medium red onion, sliced in half
- 2 Limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp Sugar or Light agave syrup
- 1 tsp Chipotle chili powder (if you want less heat start with 1/2 tsp and increase after tasting)
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1 lb, 13 oz can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Large red peppers, diced
- 2 Ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, finely minced
- In a food processor add the onion and lime zest and juice and pulse until the red onion has a paste-like consistency. Add the sugar, chipotle chili powder, minced garlic, Kosher salt and canola oil and pulse to mixture is emulsified.
- In a large bowl toss the black beans and red peppers with the dressing. At this point you can refrigerate until chilled, allowing the flavors to meld, for 1-2 hours. Allow the salad about 30 minutes on the counter to take the chill off before serving. You can also refrigerate for overnight.
- Before serving toss with avocado and cilantro.